Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fanfiction Fix

On the AW forums, there is an interesting thread about writers who started out writing fanfiction first.  I'm one of them.  In fact, I still read fanfiction.  More, one of the reasons why I decided to work on my duet of novels (Letters of the Dead and Eyes of the Gods) is the fact that I'm in Surpernatural withdrawals. 

My duet is an older series that I let languish because I didn't think I could revise it to look like commercially published books.  Also, it tended to be shorter than what they published. The duet series was written during a nano session.  I'm thinking 2007, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, the first novel was written and the second half written. 

As I started re-reading and outlining and planning fixes on my duet, I realized the first novel especially reminded me of Cass and Dean interactions.  I thought cool:  motivation!  Something to help not only with my drive to publish something this year, but with my SPN fixation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment